Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis the season crafters....

Tis the season of DIY decorations and I'm lovin' it.
Of course there are loads of ideas for decorating the tree... I've chosen one to share: the acorn!
I plucked these puppies myself. There are tons of types of acorns out there, I choose the ones that were slightly fatter and opened up at the bottom. I painted them white, which turned out to be a little tricky because of all the crevasses, but after a few coats I was satisfied. Then I used felt, fabric, feathers, and beading supplies to adorn the tops and my trusty hot glue gun to stick it all together. I used eye pins and bead caps for the very top fastener.
Cute, easy and fun.

Next I want to talk about the Christmas wreath. I'll be honest, you can find some pretty cute stuff out there already made for you for probably cheaper then it cost me to make mine... but it's just in my nature... if I can make it myself I will. I went to Micheals, Dollarama, and Value Village for my supplies. Metalic golds, coppers, and silvers were used as the color scheme. Since I change my mind of colors often I thought the tri-metalic design might be easier to incorperate over the years. I tried to use lots of different textures, like the little lustrous balls, to the very sparkly feathers and acorn and glittering fruit. It sparkles to the whole nieghborhood "Merry Christmas!"

1 comment:

  1. A blog!!! I'm going to love this!!! You are so amazing. I love your wreath. I am sure that your home is looking so nice with all these christmas decorations! I am glad I can stay up to date with your creative projects. You inspire me!!!
    Love you,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete