Monday, January 24, 2011

Quiet Book

My labour of love, which in no way compares to the labour my friend went through to deliver her beautiful baby, was to make a Quiet Book. I have always wanted to make one, so in spring, when my friend told me she was pregnant, I believe the second thing out of my mouth.... after being speechless and excited and finally saying congratulations... was "I am going to make you a Quiet Book!" This project is a definite time commitment, but a super fun project.

The Cover

Valcro Clown Face

Lace Up Football and Botton On Flowers

Pocket Train

Snap On Balloons and Close-Pinned Clothes

Match the Shapes and Mitten

Zipper Lady Bug with Babies

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I LOVE!!!
    now I can only hope that you were making two at the same time...so that i get one. lol.

    you are so creative!! your little one is lucky to have you!!! i can't wait to see all the things you make for him/her.

    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so awesome!! I love it and Kate will too some day :-). She's so lucky to have you in her life!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make one but I am so intimidated! Great job on yours! I am sure it took a lot of time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job, I made one last year for my daughters first birthday, and boy you are right...what a labor of love it is

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of these when I was growing up!!! With almost the same pages. You did an awesome job. I've always thought about making one, but my girls are 3 and 5 now. :( I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous and a lot of work and it shows. Amazing details. Truly a gift from the heart. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete