Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Easter... My Cheeks Hurt!

The other day me and my friend, Lindsay, got together and decided to participate in a common Easter festivity: painting eggs. I bought a $2 kit from Zellers and a couple cartoons of eggs and we were on the right track. Instead of boiling the eggs we decided to hollow them out. So we pricked them on one side I tried to shake it out. After about 15 minutes and no progress I started boiling water, but Lindsay wasn't giving up. Since I remembered doing this a child, and it wasn't this hard, I thought I'd call mom for some advice. Apparently this is how it works: you poke a whole on either side of the egg and then blow in one side and the egg come out the other. So much easier, although after 7 eggs (one broke) my cheeks started to hurt.
It took me about three hours to create this master piece:
But we had a great time doing it, and lots of scrabled eggs afterwards!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to be there. i'm sure that I would have found the whole event quite amusing. i miss you girls so much. glad that you are still making time for eachother, but sad i'm not there. how about considering a poster like Krista so that i can be included in all the fun!
    i'll make one if you want!!!!
    love you Ceceile!
    happy easter

    ReplyDelete