Monday, January 5, 2009

Upcycling Dressers Part 1

I love upcycling furniture. My favorite type of furniture to do is the dresser. I find that dressers made decades ago are more sturdy then the veneer-covered mdf products commonly found nowadays. This one I bought for 30$, sanded it and stained it cherry red. It looks pretty hot in our green bedroom.

SIDE NOTE: Our floor in this room is plywood, we (being my husband, Jonas) sanded it three times, used a little wood filler for the cracks and then stained it and varnished it. My parents did this same thing in their basement, but they left theirs the light color and drew lines on it... like hardwood lines, then varnished it five times. It looks pretty cool too.

1 comment:

  1. I see we made it on your blog.
    What a great way to see your projects...usually a day after you have decided to make something. Oh, to have your energy. Keep up the blogging!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete