Thursday, September 22, 2011

Max's Room... take 2

To theme or not to theme...
In the beginning of planing out Max's room I was trying to come up with a good theme. I had planed on doing Jip and Janneke. They are characters from popular children's books in the Netherlands. I used these books to try to learn the language when I lived in Holland and totally fell in love with the illustrations.
I had big plans for using these characters... including a painted mural, but in the end we only used a few photos of the characters here and there.So I guess I wouldn't call it a theme room.... because of this it leaves room for incorporating other things in the room. On the floating shelves is one of my husband favorite childhood books, Professor Wormbog... which has amazing illustrations as well.
Anyway... here are a few photos.

1 comment:

  1. i love that you incorporated things from your childhood too. so special...and themes are over rated. it's all coming together nicely. give max a smooch from moi!

    ReplyDelete