Friday, July 24, 2009

Kitchen Dreams {for the short term}

My Kitchen
What I Want My Kitchen To Look Like

K... back to designing the new house! yeah! So me and my husband have decided that eventually we are going to do a big kitchen reno, like in three years or so, but untill then I still want to update the kitchen a little. So I took the mls picture of what the kitchen looks like now and an inspiration kitchen (pictured above) and morphed them together. In this short term reno I plan to paint the cabinets, take down the wallpaper and paint the walls, redo the hardware, paint the door... and I changed the floor in the picture, but that is most a dream that will remain a dream. So mostly it'll just be paint. Easy peasy.


Lastly, I want to put up floating shelves on the empty wall to store and display our nice dishes. I don't want to block up that wall too much because it has the window behind it. Below is an example of what I mean. (and I just happen to have one ikea floating shelf that will do nicely!)

No comments:

Post a Comment