Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dramatic, Deep and Desirable Walls! (Get it... 3 Ds... 3D walls)

Oh me and the jokes. .... but seriously it took me a while to come up with 'Desirable' ... so hopefully someone appriciated it : )So a quick catch up for the random reader that has never read a Refuge Creative blog before. First thing you need to know, I moved into a house that was filled with this:Second, we are renovating the upstairs. Ripping everything down to the studs. Evenatually we will do the whole house, but doing things in sections works for us.
So point 1 and 2 pretty much cover all you need to know for this blog.
So upstairs, which is where the bottom four wallpapers are found, have already been taken down. What I am working on now is the dinning room, which had the top left flower boquet wallpaper... but now looks like this:With added red painted hand prints, which was awesome for our Halloween party... but not some much any more.... in Febuary.
So we are planning in a year or two to renovate this room, down to the studs. So my problem (and the point of this blog entry) is what to do with the wall.
I have come up with a few soluntions....
1. The obvious. Take off the 4 layers of wallpaper and paint the plaster. I have attempted this for hours... it is painstaking, especially since I know in my heart of hearts that it will all be for nothing when we renovate.
2. Textured paint over the wallpaper. This was my husbands idea. I am just scared it will look really stupid... although it probably can't look worse then is does.
3. Glue something to the wall. I came up with this idea as a joke, but I think it is only a joke because I don't have a good 'thing' to glue. My ideas were starbucks cups and legos.
4. Fabric covered tiles. I like this idea, although it would require a lot of time... of which most of it is being used in working upstairs.
5. If I had lots of money Chrysalis Wall Flats! (Which I still might do, even though I don't have a lot of money, because they look so awesome!)

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh, you poor thing with that wallpaper. that is a tough decision. Would a textured wallcovering work like seagrass? Not sure the style you are going for but it might be more forgiving with an imperfect wall...
    Enjoy your Valentine's weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete